Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Big Fat Mini Album!


You can't tell here but this album is just loaded with *stuff*.  It has only 5 pages, but they sure hold a lot.

Here's the view from the top.....
.....it won't close up any more than this.
I bound it with my Cinch and I really need to use a bigger binding wire.  I'll have to look for one next time I go shopping.

It is a *Side Pocket* mini album.  Each page, which has a front back and centre, is made from one sheet of 12 x 12 double sided paper.  I used K & Company - Susan Wingett Botanicals.
Elsa at *Just a few Designs* is the creator of this technique.
 Here is her video tutorial.

Okay, now for more pictures......there's lots of them to see!

 Page 1 - front
Each of the pages has an insert which can be used as a photo mat.

 
 Page 1 - centre


Page 1 - back
For this tag I used my craft knife to slice the paper into 3 and then glued onto backing leaving a space between each piece.

Page 2 - front
Tag from page 2 front

Page 2 - centre
Pictures can be slipped in behind the punched lace

 Tag - page 2 centre
Back of tag which has a pocket and another tag inside.

Page 2 - back
I used one of my crocheted flowers here.

 
 Page 3 - front
 Tag from page 3 front
Other side of tag with journalling area.

Page 3 - centre

Page 3 - back
Tag - page 3 back
 Other side of tag with pocket and journalling card.

Page 4 - front
Page 4 - centre
 Page 4 - back
The butterfly, which I cut out from one of the papers is quite sparkly, but doesn't show up here.

Page 5 - front

 
 Page 5 - centre
One of the tags from page 5 centre
 Page 5 - back
Tag from page 5 back,
Again I sliced the paper with my craft knife and glued the pieces onto card stock, leaving gaps in between each piece.

Hope I didn't bore you all with this picture intense post.
Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
Bye for now,


9 comments :

Shoregirl said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Dorcas said...

Wow Babs! What an awesome album!!

deb said...

OMGoodness Babs! You have been very busy again I see!! Love it!!
Debi

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Linda w said...

Wow, how beautiful this all is. It makes me long to make one myself. Going to watch your video now. HUgs lin

Ulina /Apricot Bubbles said...

VERY, VERY PRETTY!!!
The comment would get too long if I would start listing all that I like about your beautiful album!
What I love most is the botanical theme :-)
Gorgeous!
Hugs,
Uli

Just a Few Designs said...

Girl you did my design heaps of good! omg what a beautiful mini...
great job! thanks so much for sharing this with me...
xoxoxo
Elsa

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

For some reason my comment from yesterday disappeared! So I will gush all about this gorgeous work of art all over again! This is amazing Babs! Such detail and such a labor of love! You and I have very similar taste as I just bought this paper pack! Since I have about used to death the last paper pack we both loved, I hope this becomes my new favorite to use to death! I am quite inspired to use it from seeing this gorgeous album! Love every detail on this project!

Faye said...

Hey Babs! What a beautiful piece. The detail is amazing. Very, very nice. xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...