Thursday, July 5, 2012

Another Fancy Fold Card

This is a Tri-Step Card.


It looks like a regular card until you look at it from the side....



I haven't embellished the inside yet, just added the designer paper, which is from the 8x8 DCWV "Natural Stack". The same as I used for my Altoids tin.
I found instructions online for this fold, but it was quite a large card and I wanted to make it smaller. A friend & I figured it out, and here's our version.

TRI-STEP CARD TUTORIAL

Cut 1 piece of card stock 7.5 x 6" and 1 piece 6"x 5" (for the front)

Place the 7.5 x 6" piece in your Scorpal with 7.5" side at the top
At the 1.5" mark, score down to 2" (A - B)
At the 3" mark, score down to 4" (C - D)
Go to the 4.5" mark move down 2" & score all the way down. (E - F)
Move over to 6" mark & score from 4" mark all the way down. (G - H)


Now following the pattern above, cut on the 2 green lines (B - E) and (D - G)
Fold the red lines - mountain fold     Fold the blue lines - valley fold  

Now cut a piece of card stock 6" x 5" for the front.
On the 6" side score 1/2" in and fold.  Now attach the 1/2" to the back left side of the card to make a front.

Now you are ready to embellish your card.  After I had figured out and cut my 2 step shaped pieces, I made templates to use next time. 

Hope this all makes sense to you. When I have time, I'll make another one of these cards and take pictures of the various steps as I go.  I always find that pictures are easier to follow.
Have fun & come back soon,





6 comments :

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous and beautiful card and love the inside.
luv
Debby

Dorcas said...

Wow Babs! This is amazing!!

dj1952 said...

This is fantastic! And I LOVE the paper you've used on it. You have a very talented family. I liked your son's view of nit pickers, too. But his photography just blew me away. WOW! Hugs, dj

Cheryl said...

Wow! This is just too cool ... I have got to try this ... thanks for sharing!

Dr Sonia S V said...

What an awesome fold..pinning it!

Cheers from Bangalore, India
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Pam said...

Your card is beautiful! Thank you so much for the instructions for the wonderful card!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...