Here is a different tri-fold card.
I saw this card here and thought it was a really neat fold. I hadn't seen one like it before. I had a problem getting the other one to fold flat, maybe I did something wrong, but since I wanted mine to be smaller, I went ahead and re-worked it to make a smaller version.
Here are the instructions for the smaller tri-fold card. You can click on any of the pictures to get a better view of the measurements.
Here is the template - the solid lines are cut lines and the broken ones are score lines.
First Step - cut your card stock to 7" x 9"
On your trimmer line up the 9" side of card stock at 1" and cut from 1.5" down to 7.5".
Turn paper to opposite side and do the same.
(On the picture I show it lined up at the 1.25" line, which is not correct, it should be at 1" - sorry about that)
1) Place paper in your Scor Pal - as shown in picture.
2) At the 1.5" mark score a line between the cut lines.
3) Move left edge of paper to the 1.5" mark and score between the cut lines at the 4.5" mark.
4) Now move paper back to the left side and at 4.5 score only down to the cut line. Do the same again below the lower cut line.
5) Now score at the 7" mark only to the cut line. Now score at 7" mark below the lower cut line. (these 7" score lines are not shown in the above picture, but they are in the next picture)
Now fold as shown in picture...
1) mtn fold 2) valley fold 3) mtn fold 4) valley fold
5) mtn fold 6) valley fold
This is how it folds to put in your envelope.
Hope you can understand my instructions. If not, let me know and I'll try to help.
Thanks for visiting & have fun.